Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Life Crucified

April 5, 2013

Re-read All Hail the Power of Jesus Name hymn 

Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Crucified means to destroy the power or ruling influence of; to subdue completely; to mortify.
Notice: "I AM CRUCIFIED with Christ"
I do not have to worry about killing the flesh; Christ did that when He died on the cross. So what's the problem? Keeping the flesh crucified! How can the flesh stay dead? By daily submission and surrender to the will of God rather than the will of my nature (flesh).
If I am dead (my flesh), then my spirit (Jesus Christ living in me) is alive. But my spirit cannot live if I allow the flesh any life at all; therefore I must die daily in order that Christ may live in me, or through me. 
The life that I now live wrapped in this decaying human flesh, should no longer be lived according to the desires and lusts of the flesh, but by the desires of the Spirit of God.
There is no hope to live the Christian life....on my own. I MUST have God's power and strength to live Godly because it is against my nature.

Galatians 5:17, " For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."

Philippians 4:13, " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

1 John 4:4, "...because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in
the world."

I am dead to sin- I do not have to obey it anymore- I have a choice to choose between obeying the flesh or obeying Christ. Because I am God's child, He has promised me that He will give me the power to resist temptation and sin, to not bow in obedience to it. Instead, if I submit to Him, He will will give me power to resist temptation, and Satan will flee! (James 4:7). 



No comments:

Post a Comment